Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pregnancy--the good, the bad, & the ugly.

I will do my weekly "bumpdate" on Saturday, but I thought it would be fun to do the good, the bad, & the ugly of pregnancy..so far!

We will start with the UGLY.

1) Having absolutely NO appetite during the 1st Trimester was AWFUL. I had people trying to shove food down my throat because you're pregnant & you're eating for two now BUT I COULD NOT EAT. That was brutal. 
2) The lack of sleep lately--I LOVE my sleep & I know sleep as it know will be no more, but come on now…can't I adjust closer to Ty's delivery?? PAHLEASEEEEEE!
3) The vomiting at the beginning was also super lame. Seriously? I would brush my teeth and then BLAHHHHHH. And then I would have to brush my teeth A G A I N and pray the entire time I wouldn't throw up again. LUCKILY I did not throw up near as much as some women do in their pregnancy. 
4) The flu already is no fun. Imagine the flu AND being pregnant. It was EXHAUSTING. And of course everyone says did you not get the flu shot?? YES, I got the flu shot--but it doesn't protect you from every strand of the flu…DUH! Regardless, FLU + PREGNANCY= MISERABLE. No matter the amount of Netflix movies, Real Housewives episodes, and Food Network you watch, it is no fun. 
5) This one is the ugliest. And has been consistent my entire pregnancy. My breast. GOOD GOLLIE. (Sorry if any men read this, but it is a factor) I mean I never knew they could hurt so bad. And when I say hurt, I mean you could have cut one of them off and they'd still feel the same. And no, that is NOT a challenge to anyone--I am totally being dramatic, but they really do hurt. It has been the WORST part of pregnancy so far. 

On to the bad…these are not great, but not the end of the world either.  

1) The food/drinks you are not supposed to have during pregnancy. I miss raw sushi. I also miss the occasionally glass of wine especially on those rough, full moon schools days…I know my teacher friends can't relate. Luckily with the soda I was able to adjust to the caffeine free coke, so I did not struggle too terribly with lowering my coke intake. I do miss the Red Bull though. Even though I miss these things, IT IS WORTH IT! 
2) The food aversions. I have not been able to eat two of my favorite things since I have been pregnant--and it makes me sad. Mac & Cheese and a salad. Just something I haven't been able to eat without keeping it down. Sad day. 
3) The "pregnancy police" that watch your EVERY move and COMMENT on your EVERY move. I cannot believe you are having a Pepsi  or You are not eating enough or Don't lift that cereal box--it is too heavy (okay that one I made up, but you get the point)
4. If I know you well enough that you would not care that I randomly touch your belly, then you can randomly touch mine. BUT--if we are not very close and I don't even know your phone number, PLEASE don't just start rubbing my belly. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I know I am SoOoO cute, but please, at least ask! 
5) Everyone's views on how I should look at each week. This one annoyed me the most. Are you SURE your pregnant? Nope. Made it ALL up. OH MY GOSH, you just BLEW up over night! Oh, why thank you--and here I was thinking I looked great. I understand I may not look how you looked at each week, but I don't need it to be addressed. E V E R Y  S I N G L E  D A Y ! 

***Please do not think I am being rude by #4 & #5--I know people mean well, I am just sharing my thoughts***

Now for GOOD!

1) In general I LOVEEEE being pregnant. It has been amazing so far. 
2) Being able to eat one two three popsicles in one setting. 
3) The baby kicks..OH. MY. GOSH. I love them. I could lay in bed ALL night and feel them. 
4) The bond I already feel with Ty. I cannot wait til the day I get to hold him in my arms
5) The glow and happiness I feel. 
6) The AMAZING bond and how much more closer it has brought Tyler & me. I am SO lucky and blessed to have an amazing man by my side. 
7) The fact that in four months I will be a mommy and Tyler will be a daddy. We are both nervous, but know God will guide us. 

There are so many more GOOD, but these are the top. 

I hope you enjoyed my good, bad, & ugly of my pregnancy so far. Let me know what you think! 

xoxo, 
Heather

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I wish I would have thought of it while I was pregnant! I am so happy you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the rubbing your tummy thing is hilarious! That is definitely a great way to put it though. "If we are on the level where I can randomly rub your belly, then you can rub mine" I literally lol'ed! :) Glad all is well!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete