Friday, January 10, 2014

Bumpdate #2


How far along:  21 Weeks, 5 Days
Maternity clothes: Two co-workers of mine gave me some maternity clothes! And I am loving wearing them. The shirts show off my baby bump--time to embrace it & show it off!!  
Total weight gain:  I am not sure, I do not have a scale to check. 
Stretch marks:  So far, so good! Still using coca butter!
Sleep:  This past week has been SO much better with sleep. I am only getting up about twice a night to use the restroom and my back isn't hurting as much. I load up on the pillows though! One between my legs & one under my back. PLUS my two I usually sleep with by my head.
Best moment this week: Getting Ty's crib assembled & some of his furniture painted! EEK! 
Miss anything: Still missing Sushi, Tyler said he would take me to get whatever Sushi I want when Ty is born! This week--I am missing wine, too! I really would love a glass--but it is SOOOO worth it not having it. 
Movement: Still just a rockin' and rollin'! Yesterday I had to get onto one of my students and he CLEARLY did not like it. He started kicking me and moving like crazy. He did not like his momma having to raise her voice. So, I rubbed my belly and told him I was so sorry! I think he understood! :) 
Food cravings:  Hah, yes. Poor Tyler! I still have been craving Pepsi. My newest ones are Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell, and oddly enough--vienna sausages. I know gross! But, hey, what can you do? 
Anything make you sick or queasy:  Nope
Gender:  Still sweet little boy! 
Labor signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out:  Half In--Half Out
Wedding rings on or off:  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I have been so happy this week! :) 
Looking forward to:  Some warmer weather--I am OVER this cold. Unless it would decide to snow--I would be okay with that!

Now, I have some questions for all those Mommies out there! If you want to respond to any of them--just send me a Facebook message or write a message in the comments sections. 

1) Bumpers-- Are they are yes or no? And, why?
2) Breastfeeding--I would love come suggestions for preparing for it. Also, pros and con of it. 
3) Essential things to get for the baby. 

I may have more questions later! :)

Here are some pictures! 
This is me at 20 Weeks & 5 Days
This is me in Ty's room at 21 Weeks & 3 Days--amazing how much my bump changed in a week.
Typical Mommy picture in front of the crib.
Sweet baby's room.

xoxo,
Heather

3 comments:

  1. I thought I would start the answering questions part...Bumper pad - I "used" one once the boys learned to roll over. Breastfeeding - You can ask your doctor's office about breastfeeding classes. We got a lot of good information. And when you are in the hospital having baby Ty - ask for a lactation consultant to visit (very helpful!!)
    Essential things - For Christmas I got a Summer Infant multi-view video monitor...I LOVE it. It is easy to operate. Has 2 cameras. Put one in Coop's room and the other in Clete's. Would recommend it to anyone.

    Hope all is well!! -Kilene Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I have all the answers-but I have recently learned that the best advice comes from a mommy you trust. Not that you dont trust YOUR mom, but times have changed. I tend to stress out and over-research, and I have recently (like, in the last few days) realized that the stress is just not good! I have a great friend who is a great mom to two adorable girls and I really trust her opinion. Spend some time talking to a good friend one on one-and dont worry about what the "mommy brigade" tells you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puj is an excellent thing you use to bathe them in. It fits in your sink and has magnets to stick to your sink. A friend of mine got one and she loves it. You can get it at target.com or register for it.
    I used bumper pads for both of mine but they didn't sleep in their crib at first. I had in a bassinet by my bed so I could be near them and it helped with nursing too.
    I'm with Kilene, have the lactation consultant help you while you are in the hospital and even after you get home if you need them. Drink plenty of fluids and while at the hospital nurse on demand. It helps you and baby Ty get used to everything. And if things aren't easy at first and you find yourself wanting to give up, don't worry because we've all been there and it is completely normal.

    ReplyDelete