Thursday, January 2, 2014

First Post!

I have heard from so many people that blogging about your pregnancy can help pass the time, and it's exciting to have to share with your baby when they are older. So, I decided to give it a shot! I am currently 20 weeks, 4 days. I saw a blog I enjoyed reading and she did a questionnaire for each week and just discussed what all has been going on. So, here goes nothing! 

How far along: 20 weeks!
Total weight gain: I haven't gained any weight yet. I lost about 15 pounds at the beginning of the pregnancy because I had absolutely no appetite. I have a little bump though, so I am sure I will have gained some weight at my next appointment. 
Maternity clothes: Not yet, verrrrry soon though. My jeans are to the point where I have to unbutton them & put a rubber band around it! :) But hey! It works! 
Stretch marks: Fingers crossed, not yet! But I put lotion on ALL the time. Coco butter is my best friend! 
Sleep: Ohhh, sleep, how I miss you! I get up about 4 times a night to use the bathroom. Which is partly my fault. Anytime I get up..I get water! I am always so thirsty. If I am not using the restroom, I am trying to get comfortable because my back is hurting me. BUT--it is so worth it! And, lets face it..sleep as I knew it.. will be no more. 
Best moment of this week: Ringing in the New Year with friends! Tyler & I went to eat with our friends, Brett & Mollie, and their little girl Addison! We went to Longhorn and I got the Appetizer Trio with Wings, Mozzarella Sticks, and Onion RingsTALK ABOUT PREGNANT GIRL HEAVEN!!! We then went to our friend, Susanne's, house for a little bit; and then came home around 11:30 and rang in the New Year with our doggies! It was crazy thinking we would have precious baby Ty with us next year. We are SO excited about 2014. 
Miss anything: SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI. Oh. My. Gosh. I miss it so much!! Oh, and of course being able to sit through an entire movie, show, dinner, etc. without getting up and going to the bathroom. Ty clearly has found comfort in relaxing on my bladder. 
Movement: All the time! It is so awesome. It's not to the point where we can see him move; but we certainly feel him! 
Food cravings: Anything salty. Last night I was craving a Pepsi, so my sweet hubby went down the street and got me one! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not anymore, FINALLY! I spent my entire first trimester sick to my stomach. Especially in the school lunchroom..BLEH! 
Have you started to show yet: I am! It's a little bump and I love it. 
Gender: Boy, his name is Ty. 
Labor signs: Toooooo early for that!
Belly button in or out: Still in, but it feels so weird. 
Wedding rings on or off: On, but I have heard the horror stories! So, when it gets time.. I will take them off.  
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy pretty much of the time. I have my moments. And I definitely have a pregnancy brain, and I get emotional easy. I cried when I saw that commercial over Christmas where the teenage boy looked like he was just ignoring his family & playing on his phone; but really he made that super sweet video. Cried like a baby. Really, Heather? 
Looking forward to: Ty moving off my bladder. I am ready for fewer bathroom trips. 
So-- thats all for now! I am loving being pregnant. It has been wonderful so far! My husband has been nothing short of amazing! He has already painted Ty's room and it looks amazing! He also ordered his crib the other day. He will clean and cook and just take great care of me. We are so excited about this adventure in our life!! 2014 will be the year of change for us! But, we couldn't be happier!! Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you enjoyed the blog. And here's to hoping I actually keep up with it. 
This is the crib that we ordered. It is one of those 4 in 1 cribs! So awesome!

This is sweet Baby Ty's room! I love the colors! I cannot wait for it to be finished. 
Here is Ty waving and giving everyone a thumbs up! He is so precious! :)


Hopefully I will get some baby bump pictures on here! It just never think to take a picture of it.
xoxo, 
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment