Monday, April 21, 2014

A lot of resting ahead...

I am just doing a quick update to discuss my appointment today. 

Last weekend I started having some major swelling in my feet & mild swelling in my face. This morning I was not feeling like myself, so I got the nurse at school to check my blood pressure. Needless to say, it was pretty high. It was 150/90. Luckily I already had my 35 week appointment scheduled for today. I get to my appointment & my blood pressure had gone up to 152/90, and they had me rest on my left side to check it again. My nurse came in & said they wanted to send me to the hospital and do some blood work there. I get to the hospital & my blood pressure had skyrocketed to 173/92. And they hooked me up to the monitors to watch Baby Ty's heart and my blood pressure. Thankfully he looked perfect, but my doctor was concerned about Momma. They did blood work and checked my blood pressure every ten minutes. It started to go down, thankfully, and I just had to wait for the blood work results. It turns out I am anemic &  my iron levels are low. My swelling did not go down at all while I was there either. And my blood work had gone down to 134/76--which isn't ideal, but so much better! So I have been put on bed rest until Ty comes & have been told to eat a lot of red meat and protein. I can only drink water, (which is pretty much what I drink, minus the caffeine free coke), some juice, and milk. I am to only get up to shower, fix something to eat, and go to the bathroom. I am not to drive or go anywhere. It will be hard for me to just rest, but I will because I know I need to be healthy and I want Baby Ty to be healthy! Thankfully I have an amazing husband who will do anything and everything for me! And we have awesome parents who are going to cook us some meals as well. I did not think that I would be put on bed rest today, but I am thankful God is giving me this chance to rest! He sure knows I wouldn't do it any other way. I am going to miss my babies at school, but I know they will be in good hands!! I will keep everyone updated. My next appointment is this Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, cousin! Take good care of yourself and baby Ty is in good hands. Rest. Rest. Rest. Enjoy this time. xo

    ReplyDelete